Monday, April 20, 2009

Post-babies Shopping & Visits from the Fam

So I decided that I have make a trip to get some real clothes before N goes back to work. Right now all I have that fits are sweats. My maternity pants are too big, & all pre-preggo stuff is too small. (Especially my shirts... I'm living in N's T-shirts. My boobs totally exploded-- I started as barely a B cup & now am almost a D. It's insane.) I tried a quickie hunt for jeans at Target that was a total bust, so I think I need to go to a real store & devote some time to figuring out exactly what size I am now, since all the trip to Target told me was that low-rise jeans are no longer my friend!

I've never had to dress to hide a tummy before, & I think having some stuff that really fits will make me feel less like a frump. Funny how looking decent can almost magically make you feel more like yourself, after days & days of jammies & glasses & icky ponytails. I know I'll get (most) of the leftover weight off eventually, but until then I'd like some real clothes!

In other news-- my folks keep making up little errands that bring them to our house (they live about 2 minutes away). It's strictly to get them a quick peek at the guys (they still haven't been able to see them yet. They're recovering from their colds, but we won't let them hang out until they're completely healthy.) It also means we keep getting baked treats & stuff from my mom, which is pretty cool. They're so excited to be able to hang out with the guys that my dad actually volunteered to do baby-watching duty when N goes back to work so I can get some sleep. (This is a big deal, as he barely did diapers for me & my bro!) & my mom is making curtains & stuff for the boys' room, which is still in pieces. It will be really good to have them healthy & able to help-- even tho we adore the dudes, it gets lonely stuck in the house all day.

The guys also had their first visit from their auntie M (my best bud, who is my only IRL reader-- hi honey!) So it's starting to feel a little more normal having them home. I feel like we're moving slowly toward some sort of new equilibruim. I'm sure it will all be thrown off again when N goes back to work, but having some help during the days will be HUGE in keeping us moving towards normal.

a note to lurkers-- welcome & please feel free to comment! some one had mentioned they didn't feel comfortable commenting bc they didn't know me, but it's cool-- if you comment, then I'll get to know you! :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad to know you are getting back to normal. I hear ya about looking like a frump. My mom calls it a house fro LOL!! I finally dyed my hair last night after months and months of not doing it. Its been like way before I was prego. And I feel so much better already. But it turned out kinda dark. I was going for red like always and the bottom part of my hair almost looks black. Oh well at least I feel better now hehe I hope you can get some of your own clothes so that you can feel better about how you look when you are getting puked or pooped on haha Just kidding! Miss getting to talk to you all the time. So glad that the dudes are doing so great. They are just adorable. I wish I was closer I would so come by and give you a hand!! HUGS Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally KWYM about needing clothes that fit. It really makes a huge difference on how you feel about yourself.

    After Caden came home from the NICU I chopped my hair, colored it, and went and bought 3 pairs of jeans that fit. Now I just need shirts that are not totally sarcastic.

    Hope you can find something that fits. BTW low rise jeans can be your friend after the jelly belly goes away. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. word. i think it took me about 12 weeks to finally go buy some new clothes (but we moved across the country so my stuff was packed). the lady at kohls referred to them as my abc's (after baby clothes) :) it makes a world of difference having clothes that fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I take it back. I don't think I'd enjoy Michigan much... so I wish YOU lived closer!!! j/k

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, wish I lived closer, I would totally come help y'all out. I would LOVE getting to love on the little guys, hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete