Thursday, April 16, 2009

thanks guys! (yup, i'm still freaking out)

(3 posts in 1 day... gee, its like old times!)

anyways, thanks for being so supportive, even when i'm complaining like a jerk! i really appreciate the reflux advice-- if there is any more out there lurking, please pass it on. we have a doc. appt for the guys on Friday & will be revisiting the reflux treatment to see if we can find something that works.

i did bust out a sling wrap today, but haven't tried it out yet.... the guys are a little big to carry both at once (as of yesterday-- con was 6lb12oz, & val was 6lb7oz. oink, oink!) so i could have one guy in the bassinet & one on me. & i think we will try kim's trick to tilt the pack n play.

i know a certain amount of this (or all of it) will just be trial & error, i just feel totally ill-equipped as a mom & am feeling very out-of-sorts. i'm fine with the guys, but spend a good part of every day seriously pissed off, usually at N. (justified or not... i'm not sure. probably not, most of the time.) i haven't said anything to him & have been bottling up, bc i'm sure i'm just being a bit of a basket case. i did ask him to take another week off (its paid & he can, but he doesn't want to) & he said he'd take another couple days. when he seemed annoyed that i wanted him to take more time off, i asked him how he'd feel if he were in my shoes, looking at at least 2 mos. at home, essentially unable to go anywhere but doctor's visits. he claimed he'd be fine. either he's being glib, or i'm way off base with how scared i am to be on my own.

about N going back to work.... he really loves his job, & is a total work-a-holic. he works 12 hr shifts, so on days he works i'm essentially solo. & because his job is potentially dangerous every day, i don't want him going to work too sleep deprived, so on the nights before he works, it will be essentially just me. per N, the "plan" is we'll do shifts-- i'll sleep 7-12, & he'll sleep 12-5:30 (in theory), but honestly most nights he doesn't walk thru the door until 7 or 8. maybe i'll feel better about all this once my folks are healthy & can help out a bit, but for now i just feel like a girl without a plan.

this blog has totally turned into a self-indulgent whine... eventually i will sort this out & find some even ground. in the meantime i guess i just keep treading water.

5 comments:

  1. Kate!
    It gets better - honestly. I can see where your comming from, except I only had one! She would never sleep, had milk allergies & colic alittle...and on top of it she had a HORRIBLE diaper rash and a yeast infection! It's hard w/o our SO's, but sometimes they bug the CRAP outta us! Believe me, I have so many vents I could fill my blog for monthes...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, you are a new mom trying to find your place and your way. Every mom goes through what your dealing with. Most of us just deal with one baby, to have two your doing wonderful! Your not being a jerk, your getting it all out!

    Confession, C is 2 months adjusted and I am still trying to find my way with him and the others. And I am a "seasoned" mom! I also walk around pissed at my DH all the time, and there really isn't a reason, resentment I think. Men handle things so different then us. Is how they handle it better, HELL NO! Okay maybe a little but don't let them know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't blame you a bit for complaining. I can't even imagine what I'd do in your shoes. Husbands can be such idiots sometimes, as much as we love and adore them, they really suck at times. I'm sure things will look up for you soon, you'll get the hang of things and find your way. In the meantime, you spend all the time you need to complaining your @$$ off, that's what friends (and blogs) are for!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kate, I was just thinking...could you guys use those inclined positioners with them? I am certainly not a preemie expert, so don't know if they are big enough, but at target they are only like 10-20 bucks...sorry I can't be more help! I hope this passes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great! I wish I would have had a blog in the early stages with my twins to vent on! LOL I'm sure it's easier to vent on here than to scream at your DH, so it's all good. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete