Saturday, April 4, 2009

Some Rays of Sunshine

It was a beautiful sunny spring day today, & since I've been such a downer lately, I just wanted to post & say we had a pretty good day with the guys today. (Actually every minute with them is wonderful, but today was event free & peaceful feeling. Unusual in the NICU, & a welcome change!)

You second time moms may be more jaded, or used to these feelings, but as a first timer with what may be our only kids, I am going to indulge in a little new mom bliss while I still can...

They really are beautiful boys & we are so blessed. I had no idea you could love some one (2 someones!) so much. The depth of feeling I have for them defies explanation. They even make me love N that much more (another something that I didn't know was possible.)

They're starting to show more of their personalities & it amazes me how well I knew them when I was still pregnant. Con is still laid back & such a patient, sweet baby, while Val is our little firebrand-- he waits for nothing & no man, & has no qualms about letting you know that he is in charge. I cannot wait to have them home & have the time to pour over their fingers & toes & memorize all the little creases in their wrists & knees, & drink in all their perfect babiness.

I am also very excited to re-introduce them to each other. After weeks in separate cribs (side by side, but separate) will they even know who the other baby is next to them? I wonder if they miss each other now, as much as I miss them or more. Will Val still kick Con every chance he gets? Will they still want to cuddle together?

The NICU cheats you out of so many firsts, but I think it may also make the silver lining easier to find in the sleepless nights & hectic days to come. I just want our babies home with us, so we can feel like a real family finally.

3 comments:

  1. Rena( lovcats2008)April 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM

    Happy to see you had a good day. Sunshine really does help lift our mood. I continue to pray for you all and look forward as i know you do to the day that I read they are going home. I hope that day is really soon for you and your little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trisha(tddd)
    I love reading all about your boys. My son was in the NICU for only 9 days but they were the longest days of my life. Every feeling you have I get! Just know they will come home and no feeling is unjustified when you are a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless sunshine, it's amazing what it can do to lift our moods. I'm so glad you had a day like that, you were certainly owed one! (Actually, you're owed a million or so of 'em, but we'll start with one, right?!?!?!) I hope today is another wonderful day; if not then know we're all here cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete