Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm a Bad Wife

N's family have been going through some difficult times lately, & while we talked about it alot initially, it's a pretty upsetting topic for both of us so I've let it drop lately. N has been pretty quiet the past few days & playing a lot of video games (something he tends to do when stressed) but because he likes to ruminate on things by himself for a while & has a stressful job, I haven't thought much about it, other than to complain (on the blog-- not to him!) about the video game playing. In fact, he's been worried & really down about his family situation, & I haven't bothered to ask him what's going on, instead assuming its the usual work crap.
The truth is, I have been so preoocupied with my own crap-- how I'm feeling, how the boys are, etc-- that I haven't been paying as much attention to N as I usually do (as I should). I feel like such a bad wife, & a bad friend to my amazing husband. Just because I feel miserable doesn't give me carte blanche to neglect his feelings, & I feel totally rotten for being so self-centered lately.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself! You have had a lot to deal with and worry about yourself, so I think anyone would be a little less observant to others around them. But at least you have realized it so you can focus a little more on him. Brandon went a little crazy close to the end of our pregnancy. We didn't have a lot of family issues, but work was slow, and he was worried about working and providing for the family...I think a lot of guys panic toward the end too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...just saw your PAL update from Kate! I am praying for you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete