Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quickie Updates (Babies, Laundry, Thanks... )

Thank you so much ladies for the kind offers of help yesterday on our cat crisis... once again you all totally blow me away with your generosity & support. ((HUGS)) & huge waves of gratitude are zipping across country for each of you right now, I feel so blessed to know you all.

I'm in a bit of a rush, but wanted to update quickly before we're off again. Boys are doing ok... there were some concerns Con might have needed to go back on oxygen (pretty alarming to N & me, since he's been off oxygen for a week) but he's been recovering on his own, & always looks good, so they're letting him work through it for now. Val got another bump up in his o2, but is back at 1/2 liter of flow. They're both nippling well & gaining weight-- both guys are now over their birth weight. They're starting to talk circumcision for Con sometime this week if he gets his breathing back under control.

& on the "cat laundry"-- our neonatologist said to wash it well & it should be ok... i'm still super nervous about it, but N is convinced it will be alright. If there are smells or stains, it's gone, but I'm not sure about the rest of the stuff. My mom showed up again today & cleaned furiously & was SO worried about the laundry & the guys. She was crying when we got here, scared for the boys (we told her about Con maybe needing more air). I guess our trip to the NICU finally convinced her of the huge difference between a preemie & a newborn, but I felt AWFUL for making her feel so badly. She really does mean well, & would walk through fire for us & the boys. I just needed my folks to understand the reality of what we're dealing with & didn't know how else to get it across. I feel like I'm living in a permanent state of guilt. We have a very close family & I know we'll work through it, it's just that the "working through it" sucks for everyone.

To those of you who blog/post on the board-- I'm still reading, even if I can't always comment, know I'm still here, following your story & thinking of you.

3 comments:

  1. Well I hope it all washes out...but if you need anything really please don't hesitate to email me and let me know. I can't think of anyone I would rather give it to :)

    I am sorry to hear C may need more Oxygen...but it sounds like they are going great overall!

    Finally don't worry about not posting! We know you are very busy right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, love, thoughts and prayers!
    Shelley (MNHall)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((HUGS)) Don't worry about not commenting, we know your busy.

    Prayers are still headed your way.

    ReplyDelete