Saturday, March 7, 2009

Random Updates

Nothing too exciting today, so just some updates:
  • In response to Amanda-- girl, the stretch marks are there, just not on my belly!! :P & they ain't pretty... this will NOT be the summer Kate gets back in a bathing suit!
  • & on the c-section vs. vaginal delivery debate-- at this point, its up to the boys (& my doc's expertise, of course) If possible, we REALLY want a vaginal delivery & my doc is 100% supportive of that, with certain caveats: we have to get past 35 weeks, both boys need to be head down & comparable in size (baby B can't be much bigger than A, since A is on the bottom), & the boys need to tolerate labor well. If we get to try it, I'll have to be monitored pretty closely so no jacuzzi etc. for us. If we don't meet any one of the conditions for a vag. delivery, then we're c-section bound. We have a lot of trust in our docs, so both N & I are pretty comfortable following their recommendations. I'm super nervous about either option, honestly. Since we're dealing with multiples, both situations have their benefits & risks, so I'm all freaked out either way-- basically whatever is best for the boys is what we'll do, we aren't wedded to any specific birth plan.
  • my mom picked up some super fun fabric for the curtains & crib skirts in the boys' room-- I'm very excited to see the finished product!
  • N & I just got a new TV (our old one was dying a slow death) so we decided to save & splurge since we'll be spending a lot of time at home over the next year or so. It's a pretty sweet TV & N was all excited to set it up as soon as he got home with it.
  • Unlike the TV, I cannot get N to set up the pack n play or move around some chairs to put up baby stuff. I would really like this done so we can get the critters used to having it around (our partially blind kitty will need some adjusting time to the new arrangement & the birds will need to get over the change & get their screaming protests out before the boys get here.) But instead of setting up stuff, he's upstairs playing video games. Grrrrr.... I feel like such a nag to keep asking him to set it up & I'd love to be able to just do it myself, but I can't & am getting annoyed. Sigh... he's been so patient with the bedrest situation that I hate to add jobs to his list, but some one has to put this stuff together, right?
  • There are some UFC fights on tonight, & while the card isn't the best, it could be the last fights we watch just the 2 of us! Holy crap... I think it's starting to sink in a bit....

3 comments:

  1. Your poor partially blind kitty - get your hubby to set up the baby stuff! Kitty needs to learn where it all goes!

    Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well first, you still look great! Second, I hope that you will get to have a vaginal birth, but if not, at least you have some great doctors. Finally, I totally suggest getting your baby stuff up. Our dog is scared of new things anyway, so we put it all up little by little so it wasn't all at once. He was still really anxious about it, but it would have been so much worse if we would have done it when we brought Noah home. Plus it gave some some time to teach him to not touch certain things...like the bouncy seat since it was something that if was on the floor with Noah in it we wanted left alone by our sweet, loving, but not so gentle pup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my thoughts exactly girls! n is out right now on a "man date" with his best bud trying out a new rifle, so when he gets back this afternoon i'm going to try to get him moving on setting up at least the pack n play. (i'm most worried about the kitties getting into that one.)

    ReplyDelete