Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pre-E Update

N just left for the night (unless I have to call him back in, there's no reason for both of us to go sleepless tonight!) so I thought I'd update while I still have the hospital laptop.

My BP is still all wonky, & my kidneys aren't doing great. Earlier this evening I started having pretty bad regular contractions, so the on call doc got me a shot of drugs to try to stop the contractions, which worked-- thank God!! However, if they come back, unless everything else has settled down, they won't be stopping them. Apparently they're worried bc there are too many signs my body is "shutting down" to let any one thing get too out of control at this point. The boys are still doing well (& really, that's all that matters to me) so I'm ok for now.

I know that if we had to deliver at this point, their prognosis is pretty good, but it still terrifies me. We want these babies so badly, we've worked so hard, & it breaks my heart to think that it's my body's inability to cope that is putting them at risk. I trust our docs, & we're in a great hospital with an excellent NICU, but it's still scary. We already love these kids more than I can say, & I hate watching N be so afraid for me & the boys. He's been a total rock today, & is calling into work tomorrow, just in case, since we won't know much until we get more labs back & see our peri.

In other random news, I'm hooked up to so many monitors it's insane... I even have these sweet leg cuffs that keep inflating (they're worried about DVT, since I have a history & am so swollen & am strict bedrest.) They're like a blood pressure cuff on your legs & I have to wear them all night. & they go off constantly. On alternating legs. & I have a real BP cuff that inflates periodically & threatens to squeeze my arm off. Sleeping is going to be SOOO restful tonight. :P
It's all worth it to keep the boys healthy, but I feel like the bionic woman.

That's all I have.... I'm going to go back to watching Grease (yay for cheesy musicals on hospital tv!) & keep hoping for the best. Thank you all for your kind thoughts & words. If it's not too much to ask, please keep the good thoughtsfor my little guys coming. With any luck we'll keep them baking a bit longer.

7 comments:

  1. (((((HUGS))))) I have been thinking of you and the boys all day! I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Thanks for the update, and I hope you can get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking and praying for you and the boys today. I am so thankful you are updating, I would be worried sick about you. :) I hope you can rest with all those gadgets. (((HUGS))) to you and belly pats to the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non stop prayers to you and your boys! Mama, you are doing awesome and have such a great attitude! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((HUGS)) I have been updating cafe, they are sending good thoughts and prayers. I will continue with the prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chica,
    you're doing great! You and all of your boys have been in my thoughts all day. Try to get some rest and stay as positive as you always are. Those boys already have the best mom ever. hugs and gentle belly pats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you were able to get some rest last night - it is difficult with all that crap on you.
    I have been praying for you and the twins. Stay positive! Big hugs coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((hugs)) and love..we are saying many prayers for you!!

    ReplyDelete