Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kung Fu & Thanks!

I wanted to start with some thanks today, so thank you to everyone who sent a kind comment or email or post our way. N & I appreciate the support so much! It may seem silly that "online" friends are such a source of comfort, but you all absolutely are-- there is no substitute for people who've walked in your shoes & not only sympathize, but truly empathize with your struggles & I'm grateful know such a supportive group of women.
I have some public thanks I want to throw out here too... I hope you guys don't mind! I just think good deeds should get some recognition every so often! :)

Special Thanks: to Mandy, for all her kind prayers, & enlisting so many others on behalf of our little guys. I really hope we get a chance to meet up this summer, so I can thank you in person!

Extra Special Thanks: to Kim, my pre-term mommy guru. From our first PTL scare at 26 weeks right up til now, you've never wavered in offering support & guidance, no matter how hectic your own life got. Even now, when you could tell me to stuff it with all the whining about our NICU fears, since we're looking at days or weeks & you went through months, you've never said a harsh word & have offered us nothing but comfort. N & I have followed the Cman's progress from day 1, & now even N takes your advice as gospel!
Kim also sent us some very cute preemie sized clothes & diapers that her handsome little man no longer fits into. They are adorable & hopefully will see the guys through their first few weeks. Thanks so much Kim! You've been so generous! Not only with the clothes, but with your time & I appreciate it more than I can say.

In health related news: looks like we'll be spending all of St.Patricks day in the hospital have a bunch of tests done to make sure the boys are coping well with the pre-e. Til then, I'm supposed to be spending 4-6 hrs every day being completely horizontal to help keep my BP down. Enter the Dragon is on in HD right now, so I'm going to catch up on my blog reading & then lay down for a nice long round of kung fu! (I LOVE LOVE LOVE kung fu movies.... I know, it's weird. But it makes me happy!)

Hopefully I'll be back to more interesting posts soon, but for now I'm kind of consumed with thoughts of my boys... sorry guys, hang in there-- I'll get interesting again eventually! :)

5 comments:

  1. You have every right to be consumed with your boys! That is your every thought right now.

    You also have every right to be worried about NICU time. One day in the NICU is too much. Yes I went through 10 weeks, but you have went through just as much keeping your boys in. You deserve just as much credit. We have went through our hell for our boys, just in different ways.

    You did remind me, I never thanked the people who stepped forward during my time of trial. Going to do that now. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so great dealing with a somewhat scary situation. I don't think anyone fully understands pre-e until they experience it.
    I had quite the scare last night. I am going to blog about it in a bit.
    Lying on your left side significantly drops your bp, so keep on that side! It is amazing the difference it makes!!
    Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is still interesting! I check in to hear about the boys everyday (multiple times hehe). And you have too much on your mind for anything else... understandably!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your friendship and support have meant so much to me... so I wanted to be the kind of friend you have been to me!!

    Ooh, I think it would be fun if the guys were born on St. Patty's day. little lucky leprechauns!! hehehe. Though if they can stay in there longer than that, that would be even better!!!

    did I ever send you my cell #? I know you'll probably have like a bajillion people to text, but if you are able to text me please do!! I wont have internet access Tuesday or Wednesday so I will have to get my update "fix" some other way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strength amazes me.The fact that you rarely complain and are almost always upbeat even when things don't look so good is nothing short of astounding!No matter when those boys come they are already the luckiest boys in the world to have such a strong Mommy(and Daddy)!Keep up the great work Kate,your almost there!

    ReplyDelete